Monday, June 8, 2015

I need your help! - June 8th Update

Hello everyone!

Paraguay is heading into wintertime which means temps are cooling down and we're finishing up the first semester here at New Horizon. All of us teachers are busy preparing final exams and grading papers, and our students are studying hard.

As I mentioned in my last update, I am in urgent need of funds to stay in Paraguay for the rest of the school year. I am currently only funded through JULY. I still have six more months left in the school year, which means I need your help.
Please prayfully consider committing to a monthly donation for the next six months, or making a one-time donation.

Your continued support helps young students in Lambaré and youth in Asunción learn English that will help prepare them for a successful future and create new opportunities for them. You are also helping kids in the San Vicente neighborhood of Asunción learn about Jesus in my Saturday bible class. Not to mention the countless other Paraguayans who I interact with at various events throughout the year.

Please prayfully consider investing in God's work here in Paraguay.
You can do so by visiting www.uwm.org/give


This week's prayer requests and praises:
- Pray for my students who will be taking their English exams tomorrow and for me as I grade all 300+ exams afterward and finish final grades by the end of the month. 
- Pray for the children who come to our bible classes at church on Saturday afternoons. We are praising God that our children's program is growing. Pray for them to learn about God's love and be a light in their homes to help bring their families to church. 
- Pray for Fernando and Diosnel, two 12-year-old boys who have started coming to church every week and are growing in their faith. When asked why he started coming to church, Fernando said "Because I feel loved here."
- PRAISE: Osmar is finally back at home after almost two months in Asunción after his motorcycle accident. The doctors said his head/brain is doing just fine and now he will continue physical therapy in Yrybucua. He is gaining mobility each day in his hand and foot, but still cannot walk yet. 

Thank you for your prayers!

May God bless you,
Cassidy

No comments:

Post a Comment