Saturday, April 14, 2012

Almost there!

We had another MIA training this morning. It went really well and they gave us a lot of great ministry ideas that I'm sure we'll put to good use. I had the privilege of leading the whole room in singing O Mango Tree, which made me so happy to be going to Honduras again to sing with my kids. :]

After training I checked my mail and I got my Paraguay visa!! Which means when I get on the plane I'll actually be able to enter the country, woo hoo!
I sent a letter to our university president, Dr. Bowling, yesterday asking him to pray for me and my teams as we prepare to leave. I basically just poured out my heart for these countries and explained how God had called me to serve this summer. It was so cool to say how much money I've raised so far (over $3,200) and share with him how God has been providing for me! I'm excited to see what He does next. 
Speaking of which, I still need $455 to go to Paraguay, so please keep that in your prayers.
Today during training we received a list of ministry items needed in Paraguay. It's a very obscure list of things, but it's what they have asked us for, so who knows what they need it for. We are unsure if each of us have to bring everything or if this list if for the whole team. It seems like there could have been some miscommunication when the list was given... Nonetheless, let me know if you are interested in donating these items (new or used) or money specifically for these items:

3 Athletic tape rolls
1 ball pump
2 balloon pumps
3 packages of balloons
2 packages of balloons to make balloon animals
4 baseball gloves & baseballs
14 Spanish Bibles
3 packages of small candies
1 box 24 colored pencils
4 combs
1 pkg of kids face paint
1 football
3 frisbees
2 box granola bars, 50ct
2 rolls medium width masking tape
nail polish
50 kids party favors
5 jars of peanut butter
4 rolls of prewrap
20 red and pink scrapbook paper
50 red and pink solid color paper
2 pairs hair cutting scissors
10 sports water bottles
5 sticker books
5 wash clothes
8 balls of yarn
20 sheets gift tissue

No comments:

Post a Comment