Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Abre mis ojos

Today we sang one of my favorite children's worship songs, especially in Spanish - Open the Eyes of My Heart or Abre Mis Ojos.

It immediately made me think of what God has been teaching me this week and how I was just praying the other night that I would have "eyes to see" the things God has to show me here. To see how others live and thrive here. To see how God is working here in Santa Barbara. To see things from a new perspective as I am stretched far beyond my typical comfort zones. All for the glory of God.

It was just one of those perfect moments God gives us to remind us that He is in control. During today's devotional we talked about how God is with us every step of the way. It mentioned how we don't need to look forward or behind us, but instead we only need to look towards the Lord, because He has a perfect plan for us.

The last week and a half have been filled with so many fun stories, crazy happenings, and slightly frustrating times, but through it all we are constantly reminded that God is always in control.

With the staff here we have been going through the devotional book Jesus Calling every weekday and I continued it on my own through the weekend. Each day seems to be perfect and fitting for our time here in Honduras and for the staff as they continue their work here after we are gone.

God has a plan for each of us visiting, those on staff, and the children who come to the program. He desires to give us peace and strength as we work hard to show the kids love and hope, and wants us to place all of our trust in Him as we go about our days. We needn't worry about anything, because He created the world and knows it far better than we do.

I encourage you to spend some time with the Lord today and be reminded that He has a plan for your life as well.

Dios te bendiga,
Cassidy

No comments:

Post a Comment