Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Our God is Greater

The last few days have been quite the ride as me and my team experienced quite a few inconveniences. These included a water shortage, ant invasion, several power outages, Internet outage over our two communication days, and me accidentally overspending at a hammock stand due to money confusion. (details on these stories to come)

Though these things have happened and have been somewhat frustrating at times,  it has given me a new perspective on how God wants me to spend my time here and what He wants to teach me. 

I've definitely been taken out of my comfort zone in several different ways just in the last week, but it has stretched me to the point of realizing, as the kids here so often remind us (especially through song), "todo lo puedo en Cristo que me fortalece" - I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. 

I wouldn't be here today without being fully obedient to God's plan for my life and trusting Him every step of the way, so why wouldn't I keep entrusting these small trials to the Lord as well? He is bigger than a couple days without a shower, He is bigger than the ants crawling all over my stuff, He is bigger than my bite infested body, He is bigger than power outages, money confusion, upset stomachs, faulty Internet, extremely hot temperatures and any other inconvience we may encounter in the next five weeks here. 

He is with me always, I just have to keep reminding myself of that truth every step of the way. 

If I can stay focused on keeping a positive attitude through every annoying little thing that happens here, then I will be able to experience so much more of what God has to teach me while I'm here.

(Posted at 1:04am via iPhone, so hopefully that all made sense...) 

No comments:

Post a Comment